Inflammation, while often uncomfortable, is a sign that the body is protecting itself against infection. When the immune system notices a potential threat like a virus, bacteria or toxin, it responds by going to work against the problem. This process, while generally beneficial, causes symptoms from swelling and pain at the site of an injury, to coughs, sneezing and the general aches and pains associated with the common cold.
Occasionally the body will become inflamed when there are no dangerous foreign invaders present and this can cause a host of problems from allergies to arthritis. Whether you’re suffering from inflammation due to a cold, seasonal allergies, or a more serious condition such as arthritis or asthma, an anti-inflammatory diet can help keep your symptoms under control.
Anti-inflammatory foods include fruit, vegetables, whole grains, beans, nuts and fish. There are also herbs and spices like garlic, cayenne pepper and turmeric which can help. Turmeric contains a substance called curcumin that has proven anti-inflammatory benefits and is also being investigated for its potential ability to inhibit tumors, prevent weight gain and even combat Alzheimer’s disease. For help combating inflammation the natural way, we’ve made a list of our favorite 3 delicious anti-inflammatory recipes to add to your meal plan.
If you don’t have time to hit the kitchen, or if you simply want to turbo-charge your curcumin intake and take advantage of all of the benefits associated with the natural spice turmeric, try a supplement like Parker Naturals Premium Extra Strength Turmeric Curcumin, one of the strongest sources of curcumin on the market.
1. Carrot Soup with Turmeric and Ginger
Soups are a great source of nutrients because very few of the ingredients health benefits are lost during the cooking process. This soup contains the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric and a healthy dose of vegetables, along with ginger for digestive support.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Chop 4 carrots, 1 parsnip & 1 yellow onion. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Add 4 cloves of crushed garlic and drizzle with coconut oil. Roast for 15 minutes or until vegetables are light golden brown.
- Move all vegetables to a large blender and add the juice from ½ a lemon, 3 cups of vegetable or chicken broth and a roughly 1 inch knob of peeled and grated ginger.
- Blend until smooth and serve!
2. Turmeric Oatmeal
If plain oatmeal is starting to feel a little plain, add some sunshine to your breakfast with a pinch of turmeric. This simple recipe is easy to make and is also full of whole grains, fruit and nuts to help your body heal and restore naturally.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Add ½ cup of rolled oats, a splash of oat milk and ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder. Simmer uncovered for around 5 minutes or until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Place in a bowl and add toppings. You can improvise here depending on what you have in your kitchen. We used raspberries, blueberries, mixed seeds, flaked almonds, dried Cranberries and desiccated coconut for a hint of sweetness. Add a couple of mint leaves and enjoy!
3. Berry Smoothie
Smoothies are a great way to pack a whole lot of nutritional punch into one simple glass. This smoothie contains all the anti-inflammatory benefits of berries, leafy greens and spices and it’s also very easy to make and delicious too.
- Pack a large plender with 2 handfuls of spinach, 1 frozen banana, ½ cup frozen blueberries, 1 tablespoon of almond butter, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Add ½ cup of water and a ½ cup of almond milk. Blend thoroughly and serve.
If you’re looking for a natural way to help curb the symptoms of seasonal allergies or manage a spring cold, or even if you simply want to try some new healthy recipes, give these 3 delicious meals a try. Remember, you can boost the benefits of anti-inflammatory turmeric for joint health and a host of other immune issues with Parker Naturals Premium Extra Strength Turmeric Curcumin. Just 3 capsules a day can make all the difference.
Parker Naturals strives to take every step necessary to keep our customers smiling and helping them achieve vibrant health! This includes, but is not limited to, starting right by providing you with nothing but pure ingredients that are free of harmful contaminants.
Our premium supplements contain absolutely zero fillers, binders, or additives and are proudly developed and manufactured in the U.S.A. in world-class FDA-approved facilities. Our customers’ health and safety are our top priority. Quality is more than a word. It’s something we prove to you every day!
How to Tell if the Ketogenic Diet Is Working for You
There are a lot of dietary lifestyles around today, but one seems to be racing to the head of the pack, quickly makin...
3 Ways to Combat Hot Flashes in the Heat of the Summer
It’s hot out there ladies. The summer can be torturous enough without the added “bonus” of menopause (1). In addition...
4 Ways to Boost Your Health for Men’s Health Week
National Men’s Health Week (1) takes place every year in the week leading up to Father’s Day. It’s a great time of ye...