With Easter coming up THIS weekend, the seasonal aisles of supermarkets all over America are overflowing with colorful chocolates and candies of every description. While easter itself is just one single day of the year, we all know how hard it can be to steer kids (and grown-ups) away from those brightly packaged chocolate eggs and bunnies in the weeks surrounding the holiday.
That’s why we’ve come up with five delicious and surprisingly healthy Easter treats to help health-conscious parents navigate the most chocolatey of seasons. You can even add an extra nutritional blast of greens, berries, and antioxidants to many of these recipes with just a spoonful of Parker Naturals Berry Green Chocolate Superfood Powder for Kids.
1. Fro-Yo Fruit Cubes
These delicious frozen treats are a great way to pack a serving of fruit and protein into one simple snack.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together 1 ½ cups plain yogurt, ¼ cup whole or almond milk, 2 teaspoons of raw honey and ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
- Chop up some seasonal berries (we used strawberries, raspberries and blueberries) and place pieces in a regular ice cube tray. Spoon yogurt mixture over the fruit till each cube is completely full and freeze overnight.
2. Apple & Nut Butter Sandwiches
These cute sandwiches are crunchy, easy to make and full of protein and fiber to fill growing bellies and hold hunger longer.
- Wash and cut apple into horizontal slices. Use a knife to core the slices or you can use a small cookie cutter for a fun shaped center!
- Spread your favorite nut butter on the apple slice. Sprinkle granola and a few raisins on top and complete the sandwich with a second slice of apple. If you don’t mind adding a little sugar to this crunchy treat, you can trade raisins in for chocolate chips or shredded coconut.
3. Chocolate, Berry & Banana Pops
Add a decadent chocolate flavor to these berry banana pops with Parker Naturals Berry Green Chocolate Superfood Powder for Kids. Your kids will never know that this recipe is packed full of powerful antioxidants, probiotics, vitamins and minerals to build their immune system and boost their nutritional intake.
- Blend together 1 cup of almond or regular milk, 2 bananas, ½ cup of your favorite berries, 2 tablespoons of honey and 2 tablespoons of Parker Naturals Berry Green Chocolate Superfood Powder for Kids.
- Pour the fully blended mixture into popsicle moulds and add popsicle sticks. Freeze for 3-4 hours. When fully frozen, place the mold in a bowl of warm water till popsicles slide out easily.
4. Real Strawberry Roll-Ups
Say goodbye to processed roll-ups with this easy recipe that’s sweet enough without the added sugar.
- Preheat oven to lowest setting and line a small baking tray with parchment paper.
- Blend together 4 cups of fresh trimmed strawberries with 1 tablespoon of raw honey. Add a ½ teaspoon of vanilla or coconut extract to taste (optional).
- Spread thoroughly blended mixture in an even layer onto your lined baking tray and bake for 6-8 hours or until the fruit is no longer sticky to the touch. Cut into slices and roll.
5. Banana Ice-cream
This ice-cream is delicious, nutritious and dairy free. Better still, all you really need is one simple ingredient and a good food processor.
- Chop 2 very ripe bananas into small pieces and freeze overnight in an airtight container.
- Blend frozen pieces thoroughly in a food processor. You may have to scrape down the sides of the processor and continue to blend a few times until the mixture is very smooth and creamy, similar to the texture of soft serve ice cream.
- Add any flavorings you enjoy like peanut butter, a sprinkle of cinnamon, or a spoonful of Parker Naturals Berry Green Chocolate Superfood Powder for Kids for additional nutritional value.
- Place the mixture back into the freezer in an airtight container and enjoy when frozen.
Next time you hit the supermarket, steer clear of the chocolate aisle and pick up some of these simple ingredients for 5 healthy snacks the whole family can enjoy over the Easter break.
Remember, it’s easy to add antioxidants, probiotics, vitamins and minerals to any of these snack ideas with a delicious spoonful of Parker Naturals Berry Green Chocolate Superfood Powder for Kids.
Parker Naturals strives to take every step necessary to keep our customers smiling and helping them achieve vibrant health! This includes, but is not limited to, starting right by providing you with nothing but pure ingredients that are free of harmful contaminants.
Our premium supplements contain absolutely zero fillers, binders, or additives and are proudly developed and manufactured in the U.S.A. in world-class FDA-approved facilities. Our customers’ health and safety are our top priority. Quality is more than a word. It’s something we prove to you every day!
Natural Ways to Help Manage Hypothyroid Symptoms
Have you noticed a change in your appetite? Have you had difficulty sleeping, heart palpitations, fatigue or hair thi...
3 Natural Ways to Protect Your Hair & Skin from Chlorine
Who doesn’t love a good swim in the summer? While swimming is incredible for every part of your body, it can wreak ha...
How to Tell if the Ketogenic Diet Is Working for You
There are a lot of dietary lifestyles around today, but one seems to be racing to the head of the pack, quickly makin...