Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream Recipe
Whether you have a sweet tooth, need a little energy pick me up or just want to get your ice cream fix in, this matcha green tea ice cream recipe is sure to impress! Not only is it vibrant in flavor and color, this cold treat is also full of health benefits from the nutritional power of matcha tea.
Known for it’s bright color and distinct flavor, matcha tea powder is usually whisked with warm water to create a drink that caffeinates and revitalizes the body. Although it was traditionally used in tea ceremonies, matcha is now a regularly consumed as an alternative to coffee and ingredient in sweet dishes like the one described here. Since matcha tea is a more concentrated form of green tea, it contains many more of the immune-boosting antioxidants and vitamins that make tea such a beneficial drink for the entire body. The antioxidants, called catechins, have long been studied for their benefits in healthy weight composition, disease prevention and energy levels during exercise.
Matcha “Ice Cream” Recipe
This recipe is dairy and refined sugar-free. It’s relatively quick to prepare and requires no heating. With so many delicious benefits and none of the heavy feeling afterward, this ice cream alternative is too irresistible not to try!
Be sure to choose the highest quality ingredients for this recipe. A good, full-fat coconut milk will add rich creaminess to the ice cream, while an organic and potent matcha like the Parker Natural Matcha Powder will pack this recipe full of benefits.
- 1 cup refrigerated coconut milk
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons Matcha Tea Powder by Parker Naturals
- 1/4 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 squeeze of lemon
- 1 sprinkle of shredded coconut (optional)
- Add cold coconut milk, almond milk, honey, dates and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a container then freeze until the ice cream thickens and sticks to your spoon (about 30 minutes).
- Hand whisk the ice cream to give it a fluffier, creamier texture. You can place it back in the freezer for longer if it isn’t thick enough.
- If you have an ice cream maker, simply add the frozen mixture to your maker and follow the machine’s instructions.
- Top with a sprinkle of coconut shreds.
Be sure to customize the ingredients to your taste! Adding a frozen banana can help thicken and sweeten the ice cream. Adding more matcha powder will give it an extra energy boost and add a slight bitterness to the flavor. One teaspoon of vanilla extract can also be added if your almond milk is plain. If you would like to make this recipe 100% vegan, substitute agave nectar for honey.
Make batches of this “nice cream” at the beginning of the week so you have a full supply of healthy snacks for when those cravings start to surface. Just add the frozen mix back into the food processor to smoothen the icy texture when you’re ready to serve. Taste, enjoy and feel revitalized!
Parker Naturals strives to take every step necessary to keep our customers smiling and helping them achieve vibrant health! This includes, but is not limited to, starting right by providing you with nothing but pure ingredients that are free of harmful contaminants.
Our premium supplements contain absolutely zero fillers, binders, or additives and are proudly developed and manufactured in the U.S.A. in world-class FDA-approved facilities. Our customers’ health and safety are our top priority. Quality is more than a word. It’s something we prove to you every day!